The VP of Finance translates LWS`s business strategies into financial performance plans and goals. This includes financial forecasting, planning, reporting and analysis; budget management; cost benefit analysis; securing of funding for the company's growth and risk management.
The VP of Finance reports directly to the President and works with the Board of Directors and company executives on specific initiatives and programs.
- Manage annual and long-term operating and capital budget planning process to align with company's strategic plan.
- Translate strategies into financial performance plans and goals
- Develop tools and systems to provide critical financial and operational information and make actionable recommendations on strategy and operations.
2. Financial Planning, Reporting and Analysis
- Prepare and maintain regular financial planning reports; monthly profit and loss forecasts by cost centers (vs. budget); cash flow forecasts etc.
- Develop and utilize predictive models and activity-based financial analyses to provide insight into the organization's operations and business plans both current and projected, (e.g., opening new offices, asset acquisition, new service launches, pricing).
- Assess company performance against both the annual budget and company's long-term strategic plan- develop recommendations (strategic and tactical) to improve areas of performance as appropriate
- Manage investor and banking relationships and ensure availability of funds as needed.
3. Executive Management
- Serve as a member of the executive team and participate in key decisions pertaining to strategic initiatives, operating model (including pricing) and operational execution
- Participate or lead presentations to the Board addressing financial plans, analysis, projections and related performance matters.
4. Accounting and Administration
- Oversee the accounting department to ensure effective implementation of all accounting systems, internal controls and policies.
- Enhance existing or implement new financial and accounting systems, processes, tools and control systems
- Monitor timely and reliable preparation of month-end, quarter-end and year-end financial statements and all statutory and regulatory filings.
- Review all month-end closing activities including general ledger maintenance, balance sheet reconciliations and corporate/overhead cost allocation
- Oversee Payroll, AR, AP and weekly cash management; Approve weekly payables for amounts as authorized by President
- Oversees external auditing activities.
5. Employee Management
- Hire, train, direct and manage department employees:
- Implement performance feedback, mentoring and coaching to support optimum performance and a positive corporate culture.
- Recommend changes to duties or compensation and other terms of employment to President for review and approval and work with HR to implement any approved changes.
6. Insurance/Real Estate
- Direct the company's risk management programs.
- Negotiate and manage the company's real estate affairs consisting of premise leases locally and internationally
- Ideal Professional Profile
- CPA designation- MBA would be a plus.
- Experience in a senior financial-management role in a mid-size entrepreneurial,for profit organization
- Solid work experience with a multinational organization (i.e. adherence to international accounting standards, employment, tax & government regulations)
- Experience with transfer pricing and product/services pricing
- Solid experience working with Sage 50 and proficiency with Excel and/or Google Sheets.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership ability, team management and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent analytical and abstract reasoning skills, plus excellent organization skills.
- Finance: 5 years (Preferred)
- Accounting: 5 years (Preferred)